Nuforce Icon iDo
Audiophile-Grade DAC and Headphone Amp for iPad®, iPhone® and iPod Touch® - iDo extracts audio data in its original digital form (in USB Host mode) from Apple mobile digital devices, delivering bit-perfect, low-jitter, audiophile-quality music file playback.
The Icon iDo delivers audiophile-grade CD quality sound to digital music files stored on Apple® mobile digital devices. iDo is ideal for music enthusiasts and musicians alike who primarily listen to—and have their digital music libraries stored on—these devices.
Apple products are becoming the hub of a person’s entire music and audio collection, so improving the audio quality produced by these devices is key. The Icon iDo delivers on that at very affordable price point.
A fast and easy connection.
Using the Icon iDo is simple. Users can connect any Apple mobile device to the Icon iDo with the Apple® approved and included 30-pin sync/charging cable, attach the power supply, and then plug the Icon iDo into a home stereo system using RCA cables or a single coaxial. Users can also plug in headphones directly into the Icon iDo for personal high quality sound playback in a manner the artist intended it to be heard.
How iDo makes music stored on Apple devices sound even better?
Apple uses its own audio codec, Apple Lossless Encoder (ALE), to compress and store music files on its devices in original CD quality without loss. However, even ALE files only sound as good as the default DAC (digital-to-analog converter) found within the mobile digital device. Icon iDo bypasses the built-in DAC and extracts the audio data stored on the device in its original digital form in USB Host Mode. It then converts the high-quality files for bit-perfect and low-jitter music playback.
A portable power station for the ultimate headphone listening experience.
Icon iDo also offers a built-in headphone amplifier capable of powering power-hungry headsets, giving users a total audio experience. By properly powering headphones, Icon iDo enhances the auditory performance of the headphones because optimal amperage is being delivered to them, allowing for greater audio clarity.
*The maximum sample rate currently supported by Apple is 16-bit/44.1kHz or 24-bit/48kHz.
**Icon iDo is designed to work with Apple iTune and iPod software. Other applications may not work (but we have not found any application that is incompatible with iDo).
- Bit-perfect, low jitter USB Host Mode operation
- Digitally controlled analog volume control provides precise control, accurate channel tracking and superior resolution.
- 3.5mm headphone output jack
- 24-bit DAC
- No sample rate conversion
- iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation)
- iPod classic (6th generation, from 2009)
- iPod nano (6th generation)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3G
- iPad 2
* Only iOS3 and later versions are supported.
* iOS4.5 - when connecting to iDo, the Apple Mobile Device volume is fixed at maximum and not allowed to be changed on the device.
* iOS 5 - when connecting to iDo, theApple Mobile Device volume is set to about 30%, but can be changed on the device.
- USB (from iPod, iPhone, iPad)
- Maximum sampling rate: 48kHz
- Resolution: 24-bits
- Analog RCA Output = 2Vrms
- Digital Output: coaxial RCA 75-ohm
- Headphone Output
- 3.5mm full-size headphone output jack drives headphones up to 300-Ohm (12 mW@300-Ohm)
- Output impedance 5 Ohm
- Headphone power spec:
- 130mW rms @ 16 Ohm
- 88mW rms @ 30 Ohm
- 51mW rms @ 60 Ohm
- 28mW rms @ 120 Ohm
- 12mW rms @ 300 Ohm
- 0.01%, 1kHz, 1.2 Vrms
- IR Remote Receiver
- Accept iPod remote control IR signals for volume and play back adjustment on iPod.
- Frequency response
- 10Hz to 20kHz (-0.5dB)
- SNR > 95dB
- Power Requirement
- 6.5V, 2.3A, 100-240VAC (Worldwide AC).
- 6" x 4 1/2" x 1"
- Included Accessories
- DC power supply
- 30-pin charge/sync USB Cable